Biometric Authentication Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to and regulate the use of Biometric Authentication service (“Biometric”) provided by ProsperUs (“We”). Biometric Authentication is a user identity verification process that involves a biological input or the scanning or analysis of some part of the body which includes but not limited to fingerprint and face ID. You may use your fingerprint or face id registered on a mobile device in lieu of your ProsperUs online/mobile application username and password as a security code to confirm your identity to access the ProsperUs mobile services.
The Biometric service is provided as part of ProsperUs service, and shall be read in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of ProsperUs.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency, these Terms shall prevail over all other Terms and Conditions to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
You must accept and agree to these Terms before you are able to use the Biometric service. By accepting and agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you have successfully registered/ activated the Biometric service and your Biometric authentication can be used to access the ProsperUs mobile application services for transactions such as login, account inquiry and serves as an instruction for any other transactions as may be determined by ProsperUs at its absolute discretion from time to time using the fingerprints or face registered with your mobile device with the ProsperUs mobile application (“Application”).
1. You understand the need to protect your permitted mobile device and shall be responsible for all use of your permitted mobile device (whether authorised by you or otherwise) to access the ProsperUs biometric login service
2. You are advised NOT to register any third party(s)’s fingerprints in your mobile device or any third party(s) face with the Application, as by such registration, the third party(s) will be able to access the Application, to which ProsperUs shall not be held responsible whatsoever for such access or any losses or damages incurred by you as a result of such access authorized by you.
3. You may still choose to access the mobile app using your ProsperUs online/mobile username and password
4. In addition to and without subtracting the disclaimers and exclusions of liability in the Customer Terms:
a. You understand that the fingerprint or face id authentication module of the permitted mobile device is not provided by ProsperUs, and we make no representation or warranty as to the security of the fingerprint or face id authentication function of any mobile device and whether it works in the way that the manufacturer of the device represents.
b. We do not represent or warrant that the ProsperUs biometric login service will be accessible at all times, or function with any electronic equipment, software, infrastructure or other electronic services that we may offer from time to time.
c. Unless prohibited by law to exclude or limit our liability, we shall not be liable for any loss you incur in connection with the use or attempted use of the ProsperUs biometric login service, or your instructions, or any unauthorised transactions through or in connection with the ProsperUs biometric login service.
d. You shall keep us indemnified for all loss and damage which we may incur in connection with any improper use of the ProsperUs biometric login service.
5. You acknowledge and agree that, for the purposes of ProsperUs biometric login service, the mobile app will be accessing the fingerprint or face id registered in your permitted mobile device, and you hereby consent to ProsperUs accessing and using such information for the provision of the ProsperUs biometric login service.
6. ProsperUs have the right to vary these Terms from time to time. We will give you prior notice in a manner we consider appropriate, including by post, by email, by secure e-message, or by placing details of the change within ProsperUs website. You will be bound by a variation if we do not receive notice from you to terminate the ProsperUs application services with effect before the date on which that variation takes effect.