Terms and Conditions for ProsperUs Account Opening Campaign (the “Campaign”)
- This Campaign is valid from 1 April 2021 to 30 Jun 2021 (both dates inclusive) (“the Campaign Period”).
- Successful applicants who open a new ProsperUs investment account with CGS-CIMB Securities (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“CGS-CIMB”) during the Campaign Period will be awarded with electronic tokens (“Tokens”) depending on the funding amount of their account. These Tokens may be used to obtain rebates on trading commissions payable (“Trading Commission”) to CGS-CIMB across all products and markets listed on CGS-CIMB’s ProsperUs investment platforms – BUILD and BOOST. Each Token shall be deemed to have a notional value of SGD10.
- For the avoidance of doubt, and save as specified in these terms and conditions, Tokens are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash or converted to other currencies or otherwise exchanged for value.
- If multiple Tokens are used in one trade order, no residual or unutilised value (if any) from any of these Token will be returned to you.
Example 1: Client uses 1 token to offset a trading commission of SGD7. Client will not be returned the difference of SGD3 in any form of currency or partial token.
Example 2: Client uses 2 tokens to offset trading commission of SGD12. Client will not be returned the difference of SGD8 in any form of currency or partial token.
- All unused Tokens shall expire at the end of the Campaign Period and their notional value shall be forfeited entirely.
- CGS-CIMB will endeavour to effect the commission rebates to you within 60 days from the end of the Campaign Period, but CGS-CIMB shall not be liable to you for any delay in the same nor shall CGS-CIMB be required to compensate you in respect of any such delays.
- The number of Tokens awarded to you is based on your total initial funding of the account after its setup, with reference to the tiers below:
||Initial funding amount within the same day
||Number of tokens awarded
||Notional value of tokens
||SGD25,000 or more
||SGD10,000 – SGD24,999
- The existing commission rates (available at [link]) will continue to be in force during the Campaign Period. All other fees such as clearing fees, SGX trading and settlement fees, GST, etc., shall continue to be borne by you.
- As an additional benefit for new CGS-CIMB ProsperUs clients, the first 500 new clients who make an initial funding of SGD10,000 or more and who then execute at least three trades within 60 days (during the Campaign Period) after their account has been set up will also be entitled to a variety of curated ProsperUs Experience(s) (the “Experiences”) such as lifestyle, well-being and dining experiences.
- For existing CGS-CIMB ProsperUs clients, the first 200 existing clients who make a funding of SGD10,000 or more to their account during the Campaign Period and who then execute at least three trades within 60 days (during the Campaign Period) of such funding will also be entitled to the Experiences.
- The Experiences are selected by CGS-CIMB, and CGS-CIMB shall email the eligible clients to inform them of the Experience(s) which are available. However, as the number of available Experiences are limited, CGS-CIMB is only able to allocate the Experiences to the eligible client on a first come, first serve basis. Eligible clients are encouraged to respond to CGS-CIMB’s said email promptly to inform CGS-CIMB as to the Experience that they wish to select and the number relating thereto. Eligible clients may claim:
- ONE Experience for TWO pax; or
- TWO Experiences for ONE pax
- Notwithstanding that you may have informed CGS-CIMB of the Experience that you wish to select, the Experiences are subject to change without prior notice to you, and without CGS-CIMB having to disclose any reason to you. CGS-CIMB shall not be responsible to provide you with the Experience that you have selected, nor shall it be liable to compensate you in connection with an Experience, including but not limited to any change, cancellation or unavailability of an Experience which you selected.
- The Experiences are in relation to activities based in Singapore only, and the Experiences cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise. The Experiences provided are further subject to the terms & conditions of the respective service providers providing the Experiences.
- CGS-CIMB employees, representatives and agents are not eligible for this Campaign.
- This Campaign is not valid in conjunction with any other promotions.
- By participating in this Campaign, each participant is deemed to have read, understood and agree to be bound by the foregoing terms and conditions of the Campaign, CGS-CIMB’s General Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of any other agreement(s) that you may have entered into with CGS-CIMB.
- CGS-CIMB reserves the right in its absolute discretion to terminate, vary, delete or add to any of the Campaign’s terms and conditions herein, at any time without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefore and without any payment or compensation whatsoever to the client.
- CGS-CIMB, its affiliates, its and their respective employees, directors, officers, representatives and agents shall not be liable to any person for any loss, damage, injury, costs or expenses incurred, suffered, borne or arising from this Campaign.
- The decision of CGS-CIMB on all matters relating to or arising from this Campaign (including the eligibility of any trade to be considered within the scope of this Campaign, and the eligibility of any person to participate in this Campaign) is absolute, final and binding and no correspondence and/or requests to retract and/or to modify any such decisions shall be considered. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any marketing material relating to this Campaign, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- CGS-CIMB reserves the right to terminate or suspend this Campaign for any reason and without any prior notice whatsoever.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and interpreted according to the laws of Singapore and the participants in this Campaign agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.